Mastering Marketing Funnels:A Bootcamp
A unique coaching program that helps “non techies” and marketing newbies eliminate the struggle and guessing.. in order to build a marketing system that works.
i hate marketing.
Many small business owners avoid marketing.
I don’t blame you if you do.
I know you have a website you worked hard on.. or spent a lot of money on. You earned a celebration!
But now you are wondering why your new, gorgeous website isn’t getting you any new clients.
If you don’t know what you are doing, the result can be frustrating:
• You end up spending more time and money with random ad spending and LOTS of wasted time on social media
• You always feel like you are playing “catch up” with all the new technologies, apps, and trends that come along
• You can’t visualize your overall plan, and start to feel intense overwhelm, lack of focus, followed by a sense of futility. (“fuck this shit” syndrome)
• This in turn leads to a lack of confidence and a downward spiral of lackluster results
• You start to get depressed by comparing yourself to others who already have a solid infrastructure and a TON of great content in place
• You often wonder what the hell you actually accomplished in a day.. each day feels like solving another “tech” problem or chasing another rabbit down a social media hole.. and it feels like there is no end in sight
• All the marketing gurus don’t really give you enough guidance to implement their suggestions.
• You are crushed when you find out that branding alone, or 2 months of SEO work, or writing a few blogs didn’t bring more visitors to your site
• You end up with nothing to show for your investment of time OR money. Stuck back again at SQUARE ONE
• You don’t even know what square one IS anymore
• Your marketing starts to become out of alignment with who you are and what your business is about
I don’t really see the point..
The whole idea of marketing can feel like a HUGE waste of time, money, and energy.
When it comes to marketing funnels, I often see this response:
“I ‘ve heard about them and maybe I need one but I’m not sure what they are or how to go about it. “
I totally get it.
The result: A lot of wasted time, money, and energy trying to keep up, dealing with trying to fill up the calendar during slow periods, and wondering how to pay the bills this month.
It’s also common for small business owners to dive head first into TACTICS without considering an overall strategy.
They leave out very important pieces of an effective marketing plan, and wonder why noting seems to be working.
Again, a lot of wasted time, money, and energy.
Here’s what you need:
So many moving parts..
The “tech stuff” can be intimidating, for sure.
The good news is that it has gotten easier to find “entry level” solutions that also allow you to adjust as your business grows.
You also don’t have to spend half your day on Google second-guessing yourself, buying yet another app, or banging your head against your desk.
Maybe not as much as you think.
I’m not here to sell you a magic blueprint that works for everyone. There really is no magic bullet.
This was true with my acupuncture business, and it’s also true with coaching and other online businesses.
The key, I think, is in creating an infrastructure in a way that works for YOU, based on not just your USP (unique selling proposition) and niche, but also:
Your business model: Do you want to see 100 patients or more per week, or see fewer patients or clients, add more value, and charge more?
Do you want to start scaling your practice, create more “passive” income, or move into becoming more location-independent, or focus on creating unforgettably wonderful experiences in your brick-and-mortar practice or guest home?
Do you want to not have to rely so much on third party reveiw and booking platforms?
Or maybe you want to honor yourself by not fighting against your personality type.
If you took my online quiz, you may have already identified yourself as one of the 5 archetypes. If not.. go ahead and take the quiz now!
This guide will help you find a way that works for you.
However, if you are a coach, you probably understand that getting additional help is often the key to success.
Are You Making These Mistakes?
There’s no judgement here. I’ve made many of these same mistakes, including letting toxic perfectionism get in the way. In fact, making mistakes and failing is a normal part of the process of running a business, but I still want to help you avoid the bigger, more costlier mistakes that you may be making.
The common threads in the industries I work with are:
• Random tactics in hopes of getting more clients, patients, or guests “in the door”
• Relying on your teachers or mentors from school to give you solid and up-to-date marketing advice (What you often get is advice that worked 5-10 years ago in a different market with different tech, methods, and algorithms)
• STILL relying solely on local networking meetings, word-of-mouth referrals, and old-school newsletters and campaigns
• Procrastination and Priorities: Putting off marketing indefinitely because more “important” stuff comes up
• Wasting time, money, and energy in the long run by not having a clear vision, awareness of marketing, or the skills, or tools needed to succeed
• Frustration from not getting the RIGHT clients, patients, and guests, which leads to a spiral of burnout
• Throwing money at SEO or paid ads with a “thin” or flimsy website that has little or no substance or content
Each industry I work with has it’s own unique challenges:
Marketing Mistakes Holistic Practitioners Make
• A “holier-than-thou” attitude about marketing and making offers for healing services. Thinking that marketing is mutually exclusive to helping people and that anyone making an offer is “slimy.” This is often paired with a poverty mindset. (I was “guilty” of some of this in the beginning days of my acupuncture practice)
• A practitioner-centric approach instead of a patient-centered way of communicating what makes your services the best choice for your ideal patient.
• Wanting to help everyone solve every problem under the sun
• A boring bio about qualifications that reads like a resume
• Jargon: A site full of talk about qi or chakras or functional medicine terms instead of focusing on the patient or client and the language they would use to solve their problems
• Not nearly enough content: A handful of blogs written 8 months ago
• Conversion method = a phone number, a contact form, and wishful thinking
• Method for driving traffic to their site and building leads = handing out business cards, telling people to visit their website, and a prayer
• Not taking advantage of the fact that more and more consumers seeking health care DO THEIR RESEARCH ONLINE to find a practitioner that fits their exact needs
THEME: Establish yourself as an expert who publishes information that people research when making healthcare decisions. Embrace marketing as a tool to help people find and connect to their ideal healer, easily, instead of struggling.
markeing mistakes coaches make
• A vague idea of their USP and target market. (Translation: Unique Selling Proposition. Who they are, what they do, who they serve, what makes them unique, and how it can help others)
• Changing directions and focus due to lack of clarity/too many options, or trouble developing a niche
• Using too much psychobabble and “life coach speak.” Using terms that have lost their meaning without adding context, like “mindset” and “goals” and “transformation.”
• Awareness of online marketing tools, but not using them NEARLY to their potential
• Lack of visibility in a very, very competitive market
THEME: Find a SUPERNICHE in a broad market.. and be your unique self.
Marketing Mistakes Innkeepers Make
• Over-reliance on OTA’s. Being at their complete and utter mercy, giving up
• NO brand. They rely on reviews alone
• No content outside of a few photos and copywriting that looks like it has been copied and pasted from a standard vacation rental or OTA listing
• No clear definition of a niche. Does your target audience REALLY only want a swimming pool and a nice room they will see maybe for a few hours of the day, (maybe they do, or maybe not) …or an EXPERIENCE?
• Not taking advantage of becoming a go-to source of information helpful to tourists in your area
THEME: Be brave enough to declare your independence from OTA’s, (or at least don’t put all your eggs in one basket.) Be a rebel in the defiant act of creating a cool online space that focuses on providing not just great “insider” travel info for your guests, but an EXPERIENCE they won’t forget.
Keep on top of trends like sustainable tourism and find your niche within these trends. Use your website to showcase it all.
Wouldn’t it be GREAT to have Someone to Lead and Guide You Through the Process?
I’m talking a little extra hand-holding. An individualized approach that de-mystifies marketing, skips the bullshit and breaks it all down for you.
Hi, I’m Julie.
I want to help you lay the groundwork for a marketing system that takes care of some of the tasks you hate doing. Really.
I know how hard it can be when you first start out and are trying to navigate not just the left-brained “tech” stuff, but also the creative part of defining who you are. I’ve worked with plenty of entrepreneurs just like you.. and I’m ONE of you, as I myself practiced acupuncture for 5 years. I learned a lot from that process and got pretty good at defining my target market and building systems that would help me actually work less and make more. I created this program simply because I saw a real NEED for this kind of service.
It was hard for me to watch others waste so much time and money because they didn’t lay the groundwork and didn’t have an easy transition between defining who they are and building the infrastructure of a marketing funnel.
I’m going to be honest: there WILL be some work ahead of you. Those that tell you that creating a marketing funnel is “plug and play” blueprint with exact steps to follow that will “earn” you 6 figures in 3 months are pretty much just trying to sell you an expensive product or service.
Most probably don’t even know the FIRST THING about your business, so let’s dispense with the B.S. right here and now. Building a business DOES take consistent effort.
However, it doesn’t HAVE to be that hard.
No matter what your marketing “personality” is, I’m here to help you find your marketing “Sweet Spot.”
You happen to be in luck as you read this, because I’m launching my BETA version of this coaching/consulting program, even though it has already been tested with some clients already.
You can help ME refine this program and make it even MORE effective and powerful!
Is this a good fit for you? Read on.. or schedule a call and we can chat. Reminder: This call is designed for those who are serious and ready to invest.
Re-Empowering business owners without the bullshit
Ok, I searched for an alternative to the often-used word “empowering” but it JUST.. FITS. Marketing funnels are not some mysterious thing that you can’t possibly figure out.
How many times have you seen ads for “the ONE method or blueprint I used to build my 6-figure practice?” All it is is an infrastructure that keeps clients and patients flowing into your practice or business. It involves knowledge, some “pieces and parts,” and all the “moving parts.”
You also have to be able to VISUALIZE the entire process while at the same time, pay attention to small details.
In order for this to happen, there DOES need to be an investment on the front end. It has to be YOURS. You have to OWN it.. not lease it.. or give your power and your biggest asset away to a developer, a hosting platform, or hell, even a coach like me.
At first, you will need to invest in some work and planning. Just like your new business, you have to nurture it properly so that it can serve you in the years to come.
There’s no getting around this, no magic shortcuts. Skimping on planning and laying down your foundation is like building a house without a foundation, with whatever material you happen to find along the way. A few boards here, but wait.. oh, some bricks there. HOWEVER…
FUNNELS TAKE THE "SLIMINESS" OUT OF MARKETING
This is the Really cool part..
With the right system in place, you don’t ever have to “sell” anything, ever again.
I don’t say that lightly. I mean that you can free yourself from the thought of having to constantly hustle, work with less-than-ideal clients and patients, practice “closing” scripts, and all those things that make you feel like you need to take a shower afterwards.
invest in an infrastructure that will do
most of your marketing work FOR you
Some may say that if you have a business, you MUST get used to the idea of selling. And they are partially correct.
You must get used to the idea of making OFFERS, which is NOT the same thing as selling. It’s like assuming that marketing and advertising are the same things.
They are not.
A well-thought out marketing funnel will do the “selling” for you, so that all you really need to do is make those offers!
A good marketing funnel contains the following:
• A guide, coach, and consultant to do a little extra “hand holding” for you for 3 weeks
• Clarity, for real, on your niche, unique gifts to offer, your ideal client or patient, and how to adapt it all to your marketing personality or “archetype.”
• An actual MAP that lets you clearly “zoom in” or “zoom out” to use for your daily marketing tasks
• Guidance as you gather all the “parts and pieces” you will need for your funnel
• Tutoring and training on the “moving parts” or “tech stuff” as needed
• Weekly calls to pinpoint where you are at and the exact next steps to take
• A blend of both “left brained” focus and “right brained” inspiration
• The basics of organic (as opposed to paid) marketing: SEO 101, In-depth guidance on your chosen social media channels, and email marketing
• The anatomy of a landing page and guidance on your LP
• A basic content marketing plan
OTHER GUIDANCE MAY INCLUDE:
• All my best “productivity” and “anti-productivity” tips!
• Cheat sheets, templates, and more.
• An audit of your website
• Less time spent having to “sell” your offerings
• Saved time, money, and energy. You will be JAZZED about putting your marketing funnel together
• A solid foundation that does much of the “heavy lifting” for you so that you can run more and more of your business on “autopilot” in the months and years to come
• An infrastructure that brings it the RIGHT clients, patients, and guests for you
• A HUGE head start on SEO
• Visual guidance and examples that will save you TONS of time and frustration
creating a "marketing machine" will ..
This isn’t just about mindset and theoretical coaching, but real steps you can take. You now have a guide and architect to help you.
Planning and mapping and talking about theory is great, but in order for this all to work, you will need to take consistent action.
I’ll help you lay the foundation for success in your upcoming and future version of your website and online marketing plan.
What clients say…
I get really excited when I figure out how to do something myself. However, one of the ways I’ve been able to figure out as much as I have is because I learned to piece together many of the things I’ve learned from Julie!
Bottom line: it’s great to be able to do things for yourself, but first you need to hire a great teacher!
1. Patience. It’s easy to compare ourselves to those who have been in the game for a while. The truth is, it takes TIME to build all the content and link it all together.
2. Timing. You can have all the parts and pieces in place, and get all the “moving parts” running seamlessly, but in the end, the goal is about building relationships. Just as in dating, timing is very important.
3. An ability to see big picture perspective AND zoom in on all the details that go into building a marketing funnel.
Bottom line: Some of these things you can find on Google, but others you probably will not.
Factor in accountability.. and that’s why it’s so helpful to have a guide or coach.
Can I do this program if I'm a DIYer?
Yes. If you really enjoy the process of building a marketing but still feel a bit overwhelmed by all the “shiny objects” in the world of digital marketing, this program may help a lot.
I am giving a little bonus to those who chose to hire me to build their marketing funnels, or set up their email marketing, but DIYer’s are welcome.
What if I'm using SquareSpace, Wix, or Weebly?
Why don't I just hire you to do all this for me?
You can definitely go that route. I still require that clients have a clear idea of what they want and what their unique marketing needs are before proceeding with creating a marketing funnel or plan.
Without clarity, you will quickly see that you will struggle with everything from social media to landing pages to targeted ads.
Even with my VIP plans, there still needs to be some involvement from my clients, since a marketing funnel is also dependent on the FUEL of content in order to run.
I’m not a fan of “done for you” services that offer syndicated or “cookie cutter” content. It’s not good for your SEO, and it’s not good for your marketing funnel.
Why should I do this if it will take so long to build?
I am not going to lie and tell anyone that at the end of this course they will have the same infrastructure or content that someone who has been online for at least a few years would.
Building a marketing funnel is much like building a city. To do it properly, it takes a lot of work. The construction workers who build the buildings, roads, and water systems do much of the tangible work, but the architects and city planners also play an important role.. roles that require time and skill.
This program isn’t about the construction of a marketing funnel, or about me doing it for you. What I’m offering is a different approach to what you would be paying an agency that knows what they are doing.
PLUS if you DO decide to continue working with me, I’ll give you a good deal on an email or content marketing package for already having done the prep/intake work! This program is designed to go a little deeper and is more affordable and accessible for small business owners.
I don't like dealing with "tech stuff" at all. can you do that part for me, but still help me with the planning and visualization of my funnel as a coach?
Sounds like a good plan.. I love empowering my clients! I don’t do any work “for” you in this program, but you can certainly hire me to do the “tech stuff” and get a LOT out of this program “on the side.”
If you are a creative, right-brained person I’ve got tips, tools, visual guidance, prompts, inspiration, and different approaches for you to create your marketing funnel AND have it function in a way that serves how you want to do your business.
I only ask that you DO show up consistently and are open to having some structure and systems in place, which will be a HUGE part of your success. (This goes for left-brained types as well)
I'm super cool with the tech stuff but not good with seeing the "Big picture." Can you still help?
Absolutely That’s the cool thing about one-on-one coaching! If you took the marketing personality quiz and got “tactical implementor,” I totally get it.. that’s me too! this program is for you, for sure.
What if I don't make any money?
I don’t make any guarantees about income, Google rankings, website traffic, or the overall success of your business. I DO give you some great tools that will either be essential for your success, or tips that have helped me and my clients.
Factoring in the time and money that you may SAVE by ending the struggle, I feel pretty confident I can help if we are a good candidate for this program. In other words, if you have an entrepreneurial mindset. This program also takes time and commitment. Building a business is like that, just as is getting healthy and fit or anything else worth investing in. You have to do the work to get any kind of result. And at the same time.. I’m committed to setting you up for success.. and I DO believe I can help you work smarter instead of harder.
Is it a good idea to do this program before creating a landing page?
Definitely! Often, a landing page is the center of your marketing funnel. Doing this program will help you gain more clarity about the purpose of your landing page (there is a lot more to them than many may think)
It will also help you visualize where the LP fits into a funnel and help you navigate all the “tech stuff” connected to it.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
Still have questions? Book a call to find out if this plan is right for you.
A reminder: discovery calls are designed for those who are ready to invest but have some questions about whether this program is right for them.
Or.. you can sign up right now, using one of those pretty buttons on this page!
Once your payment is processed you will get an order confirmation and automatically be re-directed to a private Facebook group which will serve as the membership area for this program.
Then you will be in!
I’ll have some goodies waiting there for you, even before the official launch!
You will also receive an email with your welcome pack, and session booking link. I want to make sure you are covered!
Keep in mind that sometimes Gmail can take up to 30 min. Please check your spam or promotions folder if you do not see it.
If there are any problems receiving your “starter kit” please let me know.
We’ll be doing our weekly calls on Zoom, which is super easy and a matter of clicking on a link. You will get instructions for this, too.
I look forward to working with you!
this program is in BETA. It Is based on one-on-one coaching/guidance.
In other words, pretty sweet deal and yes, the prices will go up significantly in the near future. Pre-launch prices are good till October 20. The program starts on November 1.
1 TIME PAYMENT
IN 2 PAYMENTS